Tuesday 27 December 2011

E-Readers

Afternoon bloggers, it's me, Melvyn. Melvyn P. O'Shea.

I'm here to bring you a small review on E-Readers aka (also known as) electronic books. My mother kindly purchased me an E-Reader for Christmas. I personally now own the Amazon Kindle from £89 R.R.P aka (also known as) recommended retail price. I should mention that other brands are available, as I know you shouldn't really support individual brands as such. I like to promote fairness and equality. However, it is Amazon's #1 best selling product so make of that what you will.

I am very happy with this gift. It is light (< or less than 247 grams), portable (18% smaller body with dimensions of 166 mm x 114 mm x 8.7 mm and 6" screen size - fits in your pocket), has seamless page turning capabilities, which is espcially useful for the times where you are simply engrossed in a novel or information book. It also has built in wireless internet connection aka (also known as) Wi-Fi aka (also known as) Wireless Fidelity. However, I was very fortunate to obtain the 3G aka (also know as) 3rd generation mobile telecommunications, which I am under good authority to believe that it was slightly more in pounds sterling. The battery life is astonishing as a single charge lasts up to one month (or two months if you also have the 3G model like myself) with wireless off based upon a half-hour of daily reading time.

It has some groundbreaking features. For example for accessibility, if you struggle with your sight there are up to 8 different font sizes. It has a built in dictionary for those who require "on the go" definitions. It also allows users to share meaningful passages or in my case the Lord's scriptures as the first book I "downloaded" was infact 'The Bible'. The second book I "downloaded" was the 'Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin'. Benjamin Franklin was none other than a founding father of the United States of America aka (also known as) the USA. Thirdly I "downloaded" a magazine called 'Asimov's Science Fiction' magazine as I am passionate about Science fiction and fantasy. However, I do also like reading about physics and physical science too.


I would like to rate the Amazon Kindle 3G + Wi Fi E-Reader a remarkable and splendid 4.7 Melvyn stars out of 5. ★★★★.7 (Thank you for the stars, Dorothy)

I would also like to take this opportunity to encourage all of my avid readers to comment and subscribe to Melvyn's Realm. I do NOT bite and would enjoy some active interaction and discussions.

Kindest regards,
Melvyn P. O'Shea

No comments:

Post a Comment